Purrfectlydevine's Jewelry Designs

Thursday, April 17, 2008

my journey has begun

On Tuesday my sister and I went to Penn state Hershey Medical Center for our first appointment in our bariatric surgery journey. We had an orientation, a visit with a dietician, a visit with a nurse, and a visit to the lab to have bloodwork done. I say journey because it is a 6 month long process before you even get to surgery. We each have been given a meal plan to follow starting now and we have to lose 5% of our body weight in those 6 months. Each month we have homework to do and if we don't do it our journey will be delayed. We have psychological evals scheduled in June. My sister has to have an exercise eval and I need to have a sleep study done.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Are you having the gastric bypass surgery? My sister is scheduled for it on July 2nd and I'm so proud of her! Please allow me to extend my best wishes for you on your own journey!