Purrfectlydevine's Jewelry Designs

Sunday, May 3, 2009

The wedding is less than 2 weeks away!

As mother-of-the-bride, I am in stress mode. I have the bridesmaids' jewelry finished and all I need to do for my daughter's jewelry is attach earhooks to a pair of earings. I have started jewelry for me but need a sunny day to check to see if the colors go well before I finish.

Weight loss has slowed even more. Only 2 pounds this month.

Last Sunday was bittersweet. The church where I've been a member for 29 years closed. We voted to close in January and had several votes to confirm that decision, but last Sunday was the final service there and it was very hard not to completely break down, but I held it together pretty well until the end of the part of the service that was held in what is now our former church. for some reason I get very emothional when we sing the hymn "Borning Cry" and that is when I had trouble. We went to the new church (the one we merged with) today. We will be received a members ther on May 17. It is a little strange since this was the church I left 29 years ago when we moved, but in many ways it is not the same church. I guess time will tell. So far everyone seems very friendly.

Saturday one of my aunts and cousin came for a visit. I haven't seen this particular aunt in several years so I was very glad she was able to come. She is leaving for Spain this week so she won't be at the wedding.

Just to keep things interesting I broke out in a very bad case of hives that itched like crazy that required a late night trip to the pharmacy for Benadryl. Thank heaven it worked.

This week will be another busy one. I have several appointments plus some shopping to get done. At school we have a field trip, assuming it does not rain on Tuesday or Wednesday. There is also all of the end-of-the-year stuff that needs doing.

No comments: