Purrfectlydevine's Jewelry Designs

Saturday, October 6, 2007

It has been awhile

It seems like life is flying away from me. I need a 3 day weekend every week just to keep up, never mind get ahead. My surgery was on 9/28 and it went well. It seems like I spent all my time since the last post preparing for it. Pre-op testing had to be scheduled and done and I had to have my classroom in order for my sub. I'm going in Monday for inservice, since that will be computer work, but then will be off until the following Monday for sure, although the doctor said it I didn't think I could handle it he would give me more time.

My stitches came out yesterday and I got to see pictures taken during surgery. Thankfully, they were not bloody, but more like x-rays. (I have a weak stomach about such things!) It was explained to me that the inside of my knee was better than expected, however the outside was worse and needed more cleaning out. There was a piece of loose cartilige along with the tears. Arthritis was also found (no surprise there) but if One was to have arthritis in one's knee that would be a "good" place to have it. Have to look for the silver lining in the clouds!

I am getting back into making jewelry to list on etsy. I plan to try to get lots more done next week before I have to go back to work. I went to the bead store today armed with 4 coupons. Yipee!!! I have so many projects in mind. I would like to have a backlog of items to list on a regular basis, so even if I don't have to make things, I can list on a regular basis to keep the shop appearing in the time machine.

Of course, the bonus is 3 weekends off from the deli, but then it is 3 weeks with no pay from the deli. I guess everything has a trade-off.

Other big news is that my husband got a scooter, which is like a motorcycle but has an automatic transmission. There are other differences, but I couldn't tell you what they are. He had been looking and took me along and I talked him into a bigger one. I wanted a more comfortable seat and I liked the color better. Besides, I was thinking that with 2 of us on it, we would need a bit more power. The difference in price wasn't a big as I thought it would be. The first time he rode it, he was a bit intimidated by all the power, but he soon got over that and is glad I talked him into the larger bike. Everybody who sees it says they think it is neat and one neighbor pronounced it cute.

Right now, he is in the middle of motorcycle classes. If he passes the class, he will have his motorcycle license (he has a learner's permit now). Then he will be able to ride after dark and have a passenger. He's already said that before we head out on the road we will have to do parking lot practice, but first I need to get a helmet!

1 comment:

yours truly said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. So glad to hear your surgery was successful. Your jewelry is lovely, by the way!