Purrfectlydevine's Jewelry Designs

Friday, October 17, 2008

Happy Day!

It is taking so little to make me happy. Starting with my Sunday TPN bag, I go on an 18 hour run. That means six glorious hours with no "feedbag" attached to me! To add to my happiness is that my upper GI study is on October 27 at 8:00 am and then I see the surgeon's nurse practioner at 1:00 that same day. If there are no signs of leakage, the TPN may be discontinued and that means I can eat, at least what a gastric bypass patient is permitted to drink right after surgery. When I spoke with the surgeon yesterday, she did say that as soon as I can show I can tolerate drinking, I'll be able to move through the stages of starting to eat again more quickly that usual since they will know because of the swallow study that I will be healed.

On another note, I'll have to get my sister to send me my pre-surgery photos so I can post them, even though they do not show me at my largest, since between the presurgery nutrition phase and the presurgery liquid diet phase, I lost over 20 pounds.

No comments: