Purrfectlydevine's Jewelry Designs

Friday, February 8, 2008

Finally Friday! It was a very strange week. There wasn't a single day that followed my normal routine and was just exhausting, but it is now over and next week is a three day week!
Today I plan to feature luckygirltrading. Here is a photo of one of my favorites from her shop, but all of her work is fabulous. Her profile explains the name of her shop. She writes, "In the spring of 2001 I was overwhelmed by sadness and huge piles of clutter. My marriage was in the midst of a very ugly ending, and he had left tons of his stuff behind. I suddenly realized that I was a very lucky girl to be rid of him, and Lucky Girl Trading Company was born. I began listing his stuff for sale on eBay, clearing away both the clutter and the sadness. A few years later I met my lucky guy--who was selling a bit of jewelry--and married him in a hot air balloon ceremony in 2006. We've worked together to build Lucky Girl Trading into a fun and fulfilling enterprise. I've also discovered working with glass--one of my all-time favorite creative outlets. I've also discovered two ancient arts: Kumihimo and Temari. Both are centuries-old crafts, and both give me a zen-like tranquility while working. I truly am a Lucky Girl! Every day I gather pretty, sparkly things and send them to people. I imagine a person opening their mail and taking out their new pendant or chain or pouch. It's perfect--they have a huge smile on their face--and so do I. I'd love for that person to be you!"
Check out all of her items http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5252096 and her blog http://luckygirltrading.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Lucky Girl said...

Thank you--what a lovely feature!