Purrfectlydevine's Jewelry Designs

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Back to reality

Reality will come crashing back tomorrow morning. After a week of sleeping in and living leisurely, having to get up extra early for work tomorrow will be such a shock to my system. Vacation was wonderful. We stayed with relatives north of Atlanta, GA. On Sunday we went to the Georgia Aquarium and the New World of Coke. Since we wanted to be back at my aunt's house for dinner that was enough for one day. We used the mass transit system so we wouldn't have to deal with a car downtown. Because it was so hot and DH had to wear an aircast walking far was not an option. We went back downtown on Monday and toured CNN and saw Underground Atlanta. We had hoped to get tho the Hard Rock Cafe, but in the heat 5 blocks was too far for my DH to walk. There's always next year. On Tuesday we went to the Kangaroo Conservation Center near Dawsonville, GA. That was worth what we paid to go see it. Both DH and I thought it was the best tour that we did. If you want to go, be sure to check their website, http://www.kangaroocenter.com/ for ticket availability. They do only 2 tours a day Tuesday through Saturday and it is amazing how booked full they are months in advance. On Wednesday we met a friend from one of my message boards for lunch and had a marvelous time. Wednesday evening we went to Georgia's Stone Mountain for the laser light show.

I discovered a bead store near my aunt's house that seemed to specialize in Sworovski crystals. I spent lots of money and could have easily spent more becuase they had shapes and sizes that I'd only seen in catalogues.

I really don't want to go back to work tomorrow; I want to stay home and organize all my crystals.

No comments: