Purrfectlydevine's Jewelry Designs

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I would so love to retire from the deli...

...but all but one of my sales have come from there. It also helps finance my addiction to Sworovski crystals. The time I spend there is time that I don't have to work on promoting my etsy site and nothing is happening on my site so I do need to work on promotion. It seems like there is never enough help so I end up staying past my time to leave so I can get finished. I'm trying to begin networking with other bloggers in the hope of getting more visitors to my shop. I have a few ideas for pieces that I just need to find some time to make the items and that's is where the time at the deli comes in. During the school year I work there about 10 hours a week, which doesn't sound like much, but it really seems to cut into my weekends. You may ask why I just don't resign there are several reasons besides the ones listed previously. I guess the biggest one is that half of my pay (off the top) goes into a 401k. Another big one is I've been there almost 9 years and I do have paid holidays, 2 weeks paid vacation, and a Christmas bonus. Also if I resign and decide I need a part-time job in the future, I'd have to start all over. Sorry to ramble so, but the deli situation is problematic for me.

Can you tell I was excited about posting a link that works?

1 comment:

Brandi Hussey said...

Yay! You're all set! Welcome to the etsyBEAD Blog Ring!