Purrfectlydevine's Jewelry Designs

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Crazy Day

Things just started happening and we were behind schedule at 9:30 and had to hustle the entire day. The day was over before I knew and all I could think of was all the things I had hoped to acomplish but didn't. Well, tomorrow is another day.

Today I am featuring Lazy Cat Gifts., which was created by three friends in Ann Arbor, MI. The cat part interested me, of course, after all I am purrfectlydevine! That they had grandmothers who crocheted (so did I) and now crochet (so do I) and make jewely (so do I) was somewhat uncanny and one of them, for the time, being libes less than 100 miles from me, you get the idea. An exerpt from their profile reads, "Two of them were in medical school at the University of Michigan and the third worked in a laboratory there. All of us had grandmothers who crocheted, however Kelly had the most experience. After honing our skills for several years making many gifts for many family members and friends, we decided to try to sell some of our creations! We had a good start at a local craft show and found Etsy.com while searching for a gentle way to beginning selling online. (Plus, Etsy comes with the bonus of a great community of artists!) Etsy is also great for us, because Kelly has moved to Philadelphia, while Allison and Stasia still live in Ann Arbor. However, we keep in touch every day! And, we are all so excited Kelly is moving back to Ann Arbor in June!We enjoy using the skills from our grandmothers to create wonderfully hip and modern pieces. We crochet in both yarn and wire, creating artisan crochet bead jewelry, scarves, hats, etc. We are constantly looking for ways to expand crochet, and we love making custom items!"

This is my favorite piece in their shop http://tinyurl.com/2uj4bh , but be sure to visit their shop, http://tinyurl.com/2p84wc , to browse. You can also visit their blog at http://lazycatgifts.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Lazy Cat Gifts said...

Thank you for the feature! Hooray for crochet and cats! :)

March said...

pretty!