Purrfectlydevine's Jewelry Designs

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Saturday At Last

My favorite time on Saturday is 2:00, when my shift at the deli is over! I had to get a few things since we were having company for dinner. I still had time for a short nap before it was time to cook. Since this was not a dinner to impress, it was an easy meal to put together.

I was looking through the list and decided to feature DreamON. This is from DreamON's profile, "I always loved to cut, paste, paint and draw from my earliest memories. Creating art is what I do, it's built-in by my creator, He enables me, and I love it.I belong to several art groups in Florida and one in Colorado. The time I spend painting with my artist friends is my recreation, and I paint a lot.I value the presence of a recognizable subject in my paintings. I love it when the center of interest appears in the midst of background objects that aren’t so well-defined. I want watercolor to look like watercolor, and I want my paintings to have a painterly look, not a photographic copy. Therefore I am an impressionist, because I don’t want to over-control the media. I love to paint using a variety of techniques. Having taken an experimental art class for the last 4-5 years, I am likely to paint anything, and I'm always "playing."I will be sharing a percentage of the proceeds from patriotic items which I will continue to stock in my shop with the The Fisher House™ Foundation. It's a small thing I can do to support caring for our nation's military families."

You have to be impressed by this original work of art http://tinyurl.com/2w9muk. Visit her shop http://tinyurl.com/2sw948 to see all of her original art and prints. Learn more about her and her work by going to her blog http://DreamsAboutArt.blogspot.com/.

No comments: